This is a fine print reproduction of a scarce example of David Schiller's iconic New York poster, that was screen printed on linen.
In the 1960s, an artist by the name of David Schiller was producing a wealth of artwork for bands and the overall music scene. In 1968, he produced a run of pictorial bird's eye view posters for various cities and places which included London, New York, San Francisco, and the state of California. The color patterns and style he employed was unique for each piece.
This is a scarce example of his New York poster printed on linen. Much of his work can be found on paper and the paper examples were what was sold to the masses. These linen examples were likely made for stores (a lot of the time head shops) to hang as advertisements for the paper examples they sold, hence the linen example was produced in far fewer numbers.
This particular view of New York highlights important bridges, buildings, and locations throughout the city. From the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge in the South to the George Washington Bridge and Yankee Stadium in the North, several New York City landmarks are hidden within. Some of these landmarks include Cafe au Go Go, Bitter End, Electric Circus, Figaro, NYU, Radio City, The Village Gate, and Macys. If one examines closely, they will find that each building is drawn with great detail, many of which include clothes lines on the roofs and at the top of a skyscraper rests the Jefferson Airplane, a signature design of David Schiller.
1656 Novi Belgii Novaeque Angliae Nec Non partis Virginiae...
Novi Belgii Novaeque Angliae Nec Non partis Virginiae Tabula multis in locis emendata... By: Nicholaus Visscher Date: 1656 (published) Amsterdam Original Size: 18.5 x 22 inches...
View full product details
- The available size options are aimed to fit standard size frames. This will not apply for all maps and sizing options.
- The dimensions give are approximate and may vary by up to .5 inches.
- All of our maps will include an extra margin of 1 - 2 inches for matting purposes.
- We do not alter the ratio of H x W dimensions of the map as that would diminish the integrity of our reproduction's resemblance of the original work
Paper Information & Optional Upgrade
- Our paper is referred to as a Premium Archival Matte (230 gsm). This heavyweight paper is smooth to the touch, neutral-white, acid-free for a longer print life and features an instant-dry coating that resists fingerprints and smudging.